Accepting Refs for Field Season Fall 2015. Ref's must be 13 years of age or older.
Please notify the Field Head Referee of your interest to register for Field Umpire Clinics.
Joe Smith: Head Referee Field
then complete registration for clinics online at BCLA.
Level 1 and 2 Umpire Clinic
- Sept 18 BCLA office 6 - 10pm Sept 19
- Willoughby field in Langley 8:30am -2pm
Becoming a Lacrosse Referee
You must be 13 years or older on December 31st. of this year to qualify for referring the game of lacrosse.
We are pleased and proud that you have enjoyed playing the game of Lacrosse in Port Coquitlam. One of the reasons you have been able to do so, is thanks to others who have played the game, who have expanded their knowledge, experience and enjoyment of the game by becoming referees.
Some benefits of serving the game of lacrosse in the capacity of a referee include; an opportunity to give back to the game of lacrosse, influence consideration for receiving scholarships and acknowledgement awards, 'Pepsi Player of the Year and Port Coquitlam's graduating midget awards'', and best of all expanding your wallets and bank account!
Referee Issue Reporting
All communications to the BCLOA/BCLA, regarding problems, concerns or other issues should be relayed through the local PCMLA head referee, who would then contact the local Zone Coordinator of the BCLOA and or the VC Minor of the BCLOA on your behalf.
Referee Pay Schedule
The following is the game pay for each minor division: (per game / per referee) and 'Shot Clock' for novice divisions and above:
|2015 Pay Schedule|
|Jr. Female||$45||Shot Clock||$15|
Referee Clinic Fees
|2015 Clinic Fees [to be updated]
|*Entry Level||$30||Level 1||$45|
|Level 2||$60||Level 3-5||$110|
*PCMLA covers EL clinic fee for first time refs.
Referee Clinic Registration
Pre-registration is required for all clinics. Your Head Ref requires confirmation of attendance a minimum of one week prior to all clinics. It is recommended that you register as soon as possible as classes fill quickly and available spots are limited. You will be Pre-registered upon confirmation from the PCMLA Head Ref and when your payment has been received in full.
Contact the PCMLA HEAD REF:
please Indicate the following;
- Ref's Name.
- Clinic Level, Date and Location you are registering for. Consult the BCLA 2010 site for available clinics.
- Cheques to be made out to Poco Minor Lacrosse Association.
Mail cheque to:
C/O Head Ref - Minor Box Officials Clinic Registration
2133 – 2850 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6K5
At the clinic you will need pen/pencil, paper, a lunch or lunch money and for returning refs – your rule book.
- Ref Jerseys - $25.00 (confirm size required)
- Rule books will be provided to first time refs at no charge at their clinic. Any returning refs can purchase rule books at their clinic for $10.00 each.
- If you are unsure what level you should be attending this year or have any other questions, please email the PCMLA Head Ref.
Referee NOCP Certification Levels
Entry Level 1
- Attendance at a Entry level 1 clinic
- New to officiating in lacrosse
- Must score at least 50% on evaluation material
- Minimum 13 years of age (By end of this year)
- Allowing for age, ability and experience, should be kept to local Novice and lower divisions
- Attendance at a Level 1 Clinic
- Less than 2 years refereeing experience
- Must score at least 50% on evaluation material
- Minimum 14 years of age (By end of this year)
- Allowing for age, ability and experience, should be kept to local Pee Wee and lower divisions
- Attendance at a level 2 Clinic
- Two or more years refereeing experience (including experience as an official in another sport
- Must score 70% on evaluation material
- Minimum 16 years of age (By end of this year)
- Allowing for age, ability and experience, is eligible to referee in all minor divisions up to Midget.
- Is eligible for consideration to participate at provincials and BC summer games.
Level 3 to 5
- These levels are for senior lacrosse officials, refereeing Intermediate and above. Information regarding these levels can be obtained from the Vice Chair Senior of the BCLOA.
Adanacs Oxidation Camps- August 31st - September 3rd
The camp will take place on Fridge Field at Town Centre (Pipeline Road, Coquitlam). All campers must be registered for the 2015-2016 field season.
The cost per camper is $120 for four days and includes a camp t-shirt.
Stroup was a major contributor in a historic first for Canadian lacrosse, winning the World U19 Title over Team USA taking place in Edinburgh, Scotland. The Riverside Secondary grad provided 2 key assists for Team Canada in the finals. Canada defeated Wales, Korea, and England in group play followed by taking down Scotland, Australia in the semi-finals, and previous world champs Team USA in the finals 9-8.
Congratulations to Danita and the Stroup family. For more info on Team Canada's win; go to http://cla.pointstreaksites.com/view/cla/news-1496/news_313522
KidSport Tri-Cities is holding their highly anticipated Used Sporting Goods Sale, Presented by Westminster Savings
Saturday, August 22nd ,
from 10am until 1pm
Coquitlam Main Arena
Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex
633 Poirier Ave.
Admission is by donation or item for the SHARE Food Bank
Open to everyone! If you or your family is in to sports, we will save you money! A huge variety of High Quality used sporting goods at incredible prices. Everything from bikes and hockey gear to fitness equipment and wetsuits and everything in between. You can outfit a child for hockey (including skates and a helmet) for $100. Lacrosse (including a stick and helmet) for $90. Plus, there’s no tax. All proceeds go to subsidize registration fees for kids from lower income families. More than 1,400 people attended last year…YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS SALE!
To make this event a huge success KidSport needs equipment! Families are encouraged to donate and drop off their used sporting goods of any kind from August 12 - 21 at the following locations:
- Port Coquitlam Rec CentrePort Moody Rec Centre
- Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex
- Thriftopolis - D-2579 Lougheed Hwy, Port Coquitlam
- Jim Pattison Hyundai, 2385 Ottawa St, Port Coquitlam
If you have used equipment taking up space in your garage or basement, this is a great opportunity to free up some space, donate the equipment (including bikes) and make a great contribution to our community. Please remember to also come by the sale for some amazing deals!
Port Coquitlam Minor Lacrosse Assocation was honored to recently host the 2015 Female Box Lacrosse Provincials.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank some of those people and companies who made it possible.
Firstly a big thanks to all the volunteers who gave so willingly of their time to ensure all had a positive experience and ensure that all the games and activities ran smoothly and efficiently.
Secondly we would like to recognize, and thank, and extend our utmost appreciation to all the businesses who contributed their support to our Provincial event:
- Gold Sponsor San Remo Pizza Empire Pizza Me N Eds Pizza Escents Aromatherapy Carla Jackson Photography Lenox/ Irwin Tools Twist Conditioning
- Silver Sponsor Corner Sports Europe Bakery Safeway
Once again thank for all your support, we could not have made it such a success without your participation. Fred Lachlan President Port Coquitlam Minor Lacrosse Pepsi
Long time Adanac Captain # 10 Bruce Murray is retiring Bruce will be recognized with a presentation at the start of our game on Saturday, August 1st against the Nanaimo Timbermen.
Game time 7:00 pm. Coquitlam Sport and Leisure Centre.
Saturday, August 1st Bruce Murray Recognition Night
Two for the Price of One Night Special Guests · Bruce Murray’s Family and Friends · Tri Cities Minor Lacrosse Player, Coaches, Executive, and Parents
We are asking fans to make up # 10 Signs and Banners.
Bantam C Goalie - 2015 BC Provincial MVP
Way to Go!!
Please note the new late registration fee to be implemented after August 15.
FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
|Boys||After August 15|
|U7 (born 2008-2011)||$75.00||n/a|
|U9 (born 2006/2007)||$165.00||$190.00|
|U11 (born 2004/2005)||$190.00||$215.00|
|U13 (born 2002/2003)||$240.00||$265.00|
|U15 (born 2000/2001)||$240.00||$265.00|
|U18 (born 1997-1999)||$240.00||$265.00|
|U12 (born 2003/2004)||$100.00||n/a|
|U15 (born 2000/2001/2002)||$165.00||$190.00|
|U19 (born 1996-1999)||$165.00||$190.00|
New players to lacrosse $125.00 (other than U7 or U12 female). Please be aware that as new players you will be required to pay the full amount through the online registration system and you will be refunded the difference.
3 OR MORE PLAYERS PER FAMILY – these families are permitted to reduce the fee of the lesser amount by 50%.
ALL PLAYERS are required to provide a jersey deposit cheque in the amount of $100.00 and post dated to March 1, 2016, made payable to PCMLA.
NEW PLAYERS are required to submit the following documentation (in addition to the jersey deposit):
- Copy of birth certificate or passport
- Proof of Port Coquitlam residency – such as a copy of:
- property tax statement
- utility bill
- hydro/gas bill
- cable/satellite bill
All documents/payments may be mailed to:
2133 – 2850 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 6K5
If a tax receipt is required please indicate in the comments section of the online registration.
Finally, please make yourself aware of our refund policy on our website www.pocominorlacrosse.com under the Field tab.