- Referees will expected to complete thier own availability using our online system. Assignr.com
- The Head Referee will not be chasing you down to complete your availability; no availability = no games
- Please try to stay at least 3 weeks ahead when completing your availability.
- The number of games you decline will be tracked and repeated declines can affect your chances in receiving games.
- When you are assigned a game you must accept or decline within 24 hours or I will move onto the next person.
If you are unable to do a game you must provide a legitimate reason such as:
- You have School
- You have Hockey
- You are Sick
- Unforeseen emergencies
- Prior Commitments
Declining a game because you don't want to is not considered a legitimate reason.
- You should arrive 30 minutes prior to game time (Parents please take note)
- If you cannot arrive 30 minutes prior you need to advise the Head Referee so your partner can be advised
- We ask you to arrive 30 minutes prior for the following reasons:
- You need to meet your partner and discuss your expectations of the game, and make sure you are on the same page
- This provides the teams time to notify Head Referee and/or our Referee Allocator if a referee is not at the arena yet and we can follow up (floor/field time is not cheap and we need to keep these games on-time)
- Mental Preparation is key to providing your best Officiating
- When you are at the arena as a Referee, you are NOT allowed to be in team branded clothing (ie. no Poco Minor Track suits, Hoodies, Shorts, etc). Please arrive at the area or field in neutral clothing. (Perception is HUGE)
Refer to the Equipment Section on this Website
- This season, each referee will be evaluated on an on-going basis either informally or formally
- The Head Referee will have designated mentor assistants that will provide informal evaluations or assistance
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your evaluations please advise the Head Referee know.
- Without feedback you cannot improve
- Reminder: The more effort you put in, the more you will get out of this experience
- Now that you are Officials or are becoming Officials, you are held to a higher standard with your behaviour towards officials. When you are playing & watching minor games, please keep this in mind.
- If there are any incidents, especially ones that involve a 2 minutes unsportsmanlike or 10 min misconducts, game misconducts, gross/match penalties, there may potential action taken and games will not be assigned.
- If you have been abused while officiating your games please send the Head Referee an email or text of what happened and they will follow up with what happened. Be sure that you follow game misconduct guidelines and write up the incident officially with a game report.
- If you have problems with one of our association coaches on a constant basis, the Head Referee will help deal with it and will explain the steps if this were to happen. Please don't shove this under the bush as these types of issues need to be addressed.